Scholastic Art Award Winners 🏅
Congratulations to Visual Communications students DeAvante’ Graves (EHS), and Samantha Abad (Mentor High), gold-key winners in the Greater Cleveland Region of the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers’ “Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.” DeAvante and Samantha are students in Ms. Mellen’s Visual Communications class, a career tech class hosted here at EHS, with students from Euclid, Mentor, and Wickliffe High Schools.
DeAvante's work and Samantha's work will receive awards at a virtual event on Saturday, Jan. 30. By winning a regional gold-key, DeAvante & Samantha’s submissions are now elevated to the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers' national competition.
Congrats are also in order for the following Visual Communications students who participated in the contest and received awards and recognition. Click here to view our students' artwork!
- Madison Bregitzer (Silver Key for “Peeking Through” drawing/illustration & Honorable mention for “Eye Scream” painting)
- Layla Davis-Branner (Honorable mention for “Atticus” painting)
- Crystal Ford (Honorable mention for “Jacob” painting)
- Noah Heacox (Honorable mention for “Cosmic Clown” painting”)
- Dominic Larsen (Honorable mention for “Hidden in the Gray” drawing/illustration)
- Dimpal Rama (Honorable mention for “Upside Down World” painting)