We are excited to share that Mentor Public Schools was recently awarded a grant that will fully fund a two year pilot of a new student transit benefit program with Laketran. Cardinal GO is an innovative partnership that will allow Mentor High School students, grades 9-12, (with parent/guardian permission) to ride Laketran’s Local Route 1-9 free of charge wherever they are traveling – be it to campus, internships, activities, local resources, or after school jobs.
Our new partnership with Laketran will provide an additional transportation opportunity for high school students to increase access to real world learning opportunities and community resources in northeast Ohio.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Parents/guardians must provide permission via the parent portal.
How to access the permission form:
- Cardinal Go Form is on the Parent Portal for all high school students.
- Parents will go to the School Store, choose Mentor High School > Forms > Cardinal Go
- Select the Recipient
- Click on Cardinal Go under Optional Forms.
- Student name populates at bottom of Form.
- Parent/guardian clicks on
2. Students must download the EZfare app
Laketran will upload your bus pass to the EZfare app for unlimited free rides on Routes 1-9. You will show your digital bus pass each time you board. Data is not necessary to use the app to ride the bus. If you do not have a mobile device, Laketran can provide a Cardinal GO ID card. Please create your user account with your mentor schools email.
3. Once parents/guardians have provided permission, Mentor Schools will notify Laketran who will upload the digital passes.
If you have any questions please contact Dr. Joe Glavan at email@example.com or the CTE Office at 440-974-5336.
Dr. Joseph Glavan
CTE Coordinator, Mentor High School